We have read through Wine Yakima Valley’s Spring Barrel Tasting program a number of times and have picked out a few “must do” wineries for the weekend. We will leave the rest of our schedule open and see what recommendations we receive and what appeals to us as we drive through Washington Wine Country. Luckily we have two days to explore and we don’t have to do them all — We live here!
Planned Yakima Valley Spring Barrel Tasting Winery Stops
These are the wineries we have highlighted for the weekend as well as what it was that caught our eye.
- Owen Roe Winery – starting our day with their “Hike the Hill” event. After the hilltop tasting, join the staff in the winery for a pastry, some coffee, and a tour of our barrel hall.
- Knight Hill – a “side by side” barrel tasting of 2012 Syrah in two different types of oak barrels, French and American
- Masset Winery – classic cars will be on display but it primarily made our list because it is not on the Wine Yakima Valley maps.
- Yakima Valley Vintners – Student winemakers will be providing complimentary facility tours with educational stations featuring food and wine pairings, aeration of wines, and a barrel tasting.
- Kitzke Cellars – sent me a tweet: “stop by we have our 2012 Nebbiolo and 2010 Malbec ready!”
We are looking forward to a wonderful weekend.